Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Study Abroad!

Please visit my website at www.cs.trinity.edu/~lkrummel

     To create my study abroad website I used Expressions Web 4. I orignially thought it was giong to be exteremely difficult to make a website but found that, with the help of Expression Web, it was actually quite fun! I had a great time picking the pictures and videos I wanted to use and loved making the colors of each individual page fit the page while keeping a theme to tie it all together. Although it still took me a long time to complete this website, I am very proud of the way it turned out. My favorite part about my website is how each page has three pictures at the top that highlights the country and I love the timelapse videos I added at the bottom of each screen. I really put a lot of thought and work into this website so I really am proud of the whole thing, considering I never thought I'd  be capable of making one in the first place! The only thing I would change about my project is maybe put a map on the home page and I can always add that on later. The biggest technical challenge I faced was trying to get the pictures in the table on each page roughly the same size and looking uniform. It also took me a while to make sure all my links and the nav bar led me to where I wanted to go!
     My website would be great to show other students who are trying to decide where to study abroad, just like myself. I think that at times the decision can seem so daunting and overwhelming but creating the website made me have fun with it instead. I will most difinitely make a website for future classes if it calls for it, as I had fun with it!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your website. It's really visually stimulating, without being busy, and the pages were consistent and nice. And I really like the concept! That's an interesting way to use websites, and it's really helpful for others too!

    ReplyDelete